The News Desk
Security

United States Forces Capture Venezuelan President, Maduro – Trump

Saturday January 3, 2026
www.thenewsdesk.ng

By Idorenyin UMOREN
Security Evaluator

Advertisement



The United States, US President Donald Trump on Saturday, January 3, announced that United States forces had apprehended Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro following what he described as a “large scale strike” against the South American nation, AFP reported.

Advertisement



In a post on his Truth Social platform, Trump said the operation resulted in the arrest of Maduro and his wife, adding that both had been taken out of Venezuela.

Advertisement



“The United States of America has successfully carried out a large scale strike against Venezuela and its leader, President Nicolas Maduro, who has been, along with his wife, captured and flown out of the Country,” Trump said on Truth Social.

Advertisement



The United States president also disclosed plans to address the development publicly, stating that he would hold a news conference at 11:00 am (1600 GMT) at his Mar-a-Lago residence in Florida.

Advertisement

 

Related posts

Some Govs’ll Use State Police As Means Of Oppression — Falana

Publisher
2 years ago

Gov Eno To Providing Sustainable Livelihoods For The Family Of Fallen Heros In Akwa Ibom

Publisher
7 months ago

PFS Troops Kill 10 Bandits, Seize Weapons in Zamfara Raid

Publisher
1 year ago
Exit mobile version