The News Desk
States' News

NEMA confirms three dead, two injured in Kano building collapse

The National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA) has confirmed three persons dead and two injured in a three-storey building collapse incident at Kuntau Quarters, Gwale Local Government Area of Kano, the News Agency of Nigeria, NAN, reports.

Dr Nuradeen Abdullahi, NEMA Kano Territorial Coordinator, confirmed the incident and casualty figures to the News Agency of Nigeria, NAN, on Friday in Kano.

“We received a distressed call today at about 9:20 a.m from a good Samaritan that a three- storey building under construction collapsed at Kuntau quarters.

“On receiving the information, we quickly sent our rescue team to the scene.

“So far, five persons were rescued and taken to Murtala Muhammad Specialist Hospital, out of which three were confirmed dead, while two victims sustained injury and are receiving treatment” Abdullahi said

He noted that the search and rescue operation was still ongoing to rescue those trapped.

“NEMA rescue team, Kano State Fire Service, Police, red Cross, NSCDC and SEMA among others are still at the site of the incident to ensure removal of other trapped victims,” Abdullahi said

Related posts

Wike: I ‘ll open ‘fowl yansh’, Rivers Gov Fubara vows

Publisher
11 months ago

Gov Eno Inaugurates Agriculture And Food Security Committee In Akwa Ibom

Publisher
1 day ago

Akwa Ibom pensioners demand govt palliative

Publisher
8 months ago
Exit mobile version